Six water associations in British Columbia form a ‘cooperative committee’ to promote collaboration
A new committee has been formed to promote collaboration and co-operation between various water associations. It is called the Co-operative Committee of BC Water Associations (CCWA). The associations represented are listed as follows:
- The Water Supply Association of B.C. – WSABC
- B.C. Water and Waste Association – BCWWA
- Coastal Water Suppliers Association – CWSA
- Small Water Users Association of B.C. -SWUABC
- B.C. Groundwater Association – BCGWA
- B.C. Centre for Water Systems Capacity Development – CCD
Mission and Goals
The CCWA is dedicated to promotion of collaboration and co-operation between the member water associations and their membership. This voluntary partnership has six goals:
- Co-ordinate co-association activities.
- Accommodate affordable joint membership of water associations.
- Synergize efforts on common water related issues.
- Facilitate co-operative initiatives with Government.
- Generate advancement of the water industry.
- Maintain the diversity and viability of the member associations.
Posted October 2010