WaterSmart Toolkit Offers Practical Resources for Water Sustainability
The WaterSmart Toolkit, developed by the POLIS Project at the University of Victoria, provides practical tools to Canadian communities seeking to develop and implement a comprehensive and long-term approach to freshwater management.
Built on six years of Water Sustainability Project research, the WaterSmart Toolkit supports local government staff and community leaders in the transition from supply-side planning to long-term integrated water conservation and the Soft Path as they work towards a sustainable water future.
The POLIS Toolkit features:
- Water Conservation Planning Guide for British Columbia's Communities
- WaterSmart Scenario Builder: Water Soft Path Analysis Tool
- Water Sustainability Charter template
- National Water Soft Path Pilot Projects
- The Water Conservation Workshop Roadshow
Posted April 2009