Living Water Smart website launches “Your Stories” section to celebrate the great things British Columbians are doing (January 2010)
Water Smart Actions
“Stories are pouring in from Water Smart people across British Columbia,” reported Larissa Coubrough, Water Policy Advisor in the Water Stewardship Division of the Ministry of Environment, and a member of the Living Water Smart team.
“To share the stories about the great things British Columbians are doing, we have created a Your Stories section on the Living Water Smart website. This is our way of celebrating the successes of those who are working hard for water sustainability.”
To launch the new section, the success stories listed below were posted on the Living Water Smart website:
- Water Sustainability Action Plan Adds Depth to Living Water Smart
- Living Water Smart: Context for moving from boundaries to commonalities in the Comox Valley
- Real Estate Foundation aligns efforts with Province to foster ‘green value’ development
- Case Study for Living Water Smart: Demonstrating a Regional Team Approach in the Comox Valley
- The Okanagan Basin Water Board’s Water Stewardship Council
- The Groundwater Bylaws Toolkit – helping local government in British Columbia protect groundwater
- Abbotsford Groundwater Forum Tackles Local Groundwater Sustainability and Governance Issues
The government of British Columbia maintained livingwatersmart.ca as a stand-alone portal to support the Living Water Smart program. Implementation was a provincial government priority that involved 11 ministries and many water and land managers and users.
In the early years, the Living Water Smart portal showcased the stories of those leading change on the ground in British Columbia. Some projects were complete, or had a short life of two to three years, while other commitments were to be implemented over a much longer time period.
On the BC Ministry of Environment website (in 2020), Living Water Smart is now just a dropdown under the topic area “Water Planning and Strategies”. This reflects the fact that Living Water Smart way-of-thinking is fully integrated into the business as usual.