PARKSVILLE 2019 PROGRAM AT A GLANCE: Make Better Land Use Decisions & Move Towards Restorative Development – join us in the City of Parksville on Vancouver Island for a field day on April 2, followed by a 2-day symposium on April 3-4 (REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED)
NOTE TO READER:
The “Parksville 2019 Symposium” is an outreach and professional development event, held under the umbrella of the Georgia Basin Inter-Regional Education Initiative, and is designed to foster a conversation in communities along the east coast of Vancouver Island and in the Metro Vancouver region about “Sustainable Watershed Systems, through Asset Management”.
The daily symposium themes are Sustainable Stream Restoration (Day One) and Restorative Land Development (Day Two), respectively.
CLICK ON THIS LINK TO REGISTER: https://www.civicinfo.bc.ca/event/2019/Parksville-Water-Stewardship-Symposium
Call to Action: Reconnect Hydrology and Ecology!
While BC communities may not be able to restore lost biodiversity, they can certainly halt its decline and consciously direct efforts toward a richer future, that is: “make where we live better”.
“The rhythms of water are changing in British Columbia. What happens on the land in the creekshed matters to streams – thus, the time has come to reconnect hydrology and ecology! Join delegates from the east coast of Vancouver Island and beyond, and attend a ‘watershed moment’ in Parksville,” states John Finnie, Chair, Parksville 2019 Symposium Organizing Committee.
“Options include a field day on April 2, followed by a 2-day symposium on April 3-4. Each day features a prominent headline speaker from the United States. Cross-border collaboration expands our horizons and connects us with a larger body of experience!”
To Learn More:
To download a detailed yet streamlined version of the complete agenda for each day of the 2-day symposium, click on Program at Glance.
To Learn More:
For the complete storyline, download the PARKSVILLE 2019 BROCHURE. This is a comprehensive package that maps out the field day plus 2-day symposium. To read a series of announcements published during the period November 2018 through March 2019, click on the links below:
- Backgrounder #1 – Professional Reliance Review & Restorative Development Vision Set the Stage
- Backgrounder #2 – Decrease Destructive Footprint While Increasing Restorative Footprint
- Backgrounder #3 – Local Government Partnerships with Stewardship Sector Can Be Transformational
- Backgrounder #4 – Root Causes of Degraded Urban and Rural Streams
- Backgrounder #5 – Next Decade of Drinking Water & Watershed Protection in the Nanaimo Region
- Backgrounder #6 – Restorative Land Development Results in Sustainable Stream Restoration
- Backgrounder #7 – Closing the Data Gap: Water Stewards, the Key to the Future
- Backgrounder #8 – Beacons of Hope on Vancouver Island
- Backgrounder #9 – Strategies Are Our Path to Success
CLICK ON THIS LINK TO REGISTER: https://www.civicinfo.bc.ca/event/2019/Parksville-Water-Stewardship-Symposium JOIN US IN PARKSVILLE ON APRIL 2-3-4