Beyond the Guidebook 2010: Road Map for Moving from Awareness to Action in BC to Protect Watershed Health
Creating Our Future
Beyond the Guidebook 2010: Implementing a New Culture for Urban Watershed Protection and Restoration in British Columbia draws on BC case study experience to illustrate how success will follow when local government elected representatives, administrators and practitioners:
- Choose to be enabled.
- Establish high expectations.
- Embrace a shared vision.
- Collaborate as a ‘regional team’.
- Align and integrate efforts.
- Celebrate innovation.
- Connect with community advocates.
- Develop local government talent.
- Promote shared responsibility.
- Change the land ethic for the better.
Major breakthroughs happen when decision makers in government work with grass-roots visionaries in the community to create desired outcomes.
To Learn More:
To read the complete story, click on Beyond the Guidebook 2010: Road Map for Moving from Awareness to Action in BC to Protect Watershed Health