Accessing Surface Water Sources
Good information is provided in this factsheet which outlines options to access and develop surface water sources for livestock watering.
Topics discussed on accessing surface water sources include:
- collecting water in dugouts
- accessing springs (artesan and seep)
- livestock access to creeks, rivers and lakes
Provided also are links to other factsheets on surface water options which should be considered on each of the following topics :
- water quality will vary and may have to be checked
- direct access of surface water can impact water quality
- a water licence is required to divert surface water
All factsheets are available from the Sustainable Agriculture Management Branch website of the Ministry of Agriculture.