BC Agricultural Drainage Manual
This manual was written by the Resource Management Branch and published by the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food.
It was developed with the following purposes in mind:
- Help farmers improve drainage through better soil and water management.
- Assist farmers in identifying drainage problems and find appropriate solutions.
- Provide professionals with design parameters of drainage systems.
- To provide ideas and technical information on proper drainage practices.
Brief Table of Contents:
– Identifying Drainage Problems
– Drainage Solutions
– Benefits of Drainage
– Evaluation of Drainage Improvements
– Drainage Planning Requirements
– Surface Drainage Design
– Subsurface Drainage Design
– Controlled Drainage and Subirrigation
This 270 page manual can be ordered from the Irrigation Industry Association of B.C.